VISITING THE AZORES
IS SAFE BY NATURE
Making the most of everything the Azores has to offer is making the commitment to meet all the health and safety requirements set out by the Department of Health and the World Health Organisation. We want to be sure that you feel at ease on your next trip, on any of the nine islands.
TRUST US NATURALLY
The Government of the Azores, together with the industry’s representative bodies, has implemented the Clean&Safe Azores programme in order to fight the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. All the entities and partners who have signed up for the seal follow the recommended guidelines.
For further information, please visit the institutional webpage of the Government of the Azores: clean-safe.azores.gov.pt
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A SAFE TRIP DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
• Wear a mask in common areas;
• Respect social distancing of 2 metres;
• Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based gel;
• Follow the rules of respiratory etiquette.
Support Line for any queries
(+351) 800 29 29 29
BEFORE YOUR TRIP
TRAVELLERS MUST USE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
1. In the 72 hours prior to your departure, fill in the online form “Questionnaire for Risk Assessment and Early Detection – My Safe Azores” available here.
2. Upon your arrival in the Azores, fill in the applicable declarations: “Declaration upon arrival in the Azores” and “Declaration for inter-island travel” available here.
To visit the Azores, you must take a PCR SARS-CoV-2 test in the 72 hours prior to leaving the airport of origin, and have a NEGATIVE result. The test must make explicit reference to the identity of the person tested, the laboratory, the date of the test and the signature of the person responsible for performing the test. It must be shown prior to boarding, in digital or paper format, without which boarding will be refused.
Travellers leaving Continental Portugal and the Autonomous Region of Madeira may take these tests FREE OF CHARGE in laboratories approved by the Government of the Azores, a list of which is available here or on the website destinoseguro.azores.gov.pt.
You are also advised to consult the recommendations of the airline with which you’re travelling.